• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

! Tom on the Fate of SWGAPolitics.com Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   neomax 

• RSS FEEDER
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:00 AM

By now, you have probably already read Jeff’s post on the fate of SWGAPolitics.com.  I wanted to take a few minutes and express my views on the subject.

First, SWGAPolitics was really something special.  It introduced me to some wonderful opportunities.  For example, it was through this blog that I became a columnist for The Albany Journal.  I’ve met quite a few folks in the local media and government and gotten to know some of them very well.  I’ve gotten to know Jeff who is truly a close friend.  It was something special to be sure.

However, about a year ago, I started branching out myself.  I had every intention of returning to this site, but various things have conspired to keep me in other directions.  I won’t go into great detail on it, mainly because it serves no purpose whatsoever.

As some of you may know, Jeff is planning on relocating soon.  This will probably pull him out of southwest Georgia.  Frankly, this site was his brainchild, and while I have put my stamp on a good many things that’s been done here, it just didn’t feel right for this site to continue on.  The idea, a blog on regional politics, was rather groundbreaking.  It’s a model that I have embraced and, with Jeff’s blessing, continued on.

Laws-n-Sausages – the name coming from a quote about two things you don’t want people to see you make – is another bold experiment, a continuation on Jeff’s original concept.  All ideologies being represented.  Interaction between all ideologies, with control exerted only to keep things from getting personal.  I true battleground of ideas, where only the strong survive. Will it work with that concept?  Who knows…but it’s worth a shot.

Yes, I’m trying to drum up readership for the new blog.  Do you blame me?  But I’m also hoping that people will understand that the end of this blog isn’t because we had some big blow-up and don’t want to talk to one another anymore.  That couldn’t be farther from the truth.  Jeff and I have had some huge arguments spirited discussions in the past, but we’re friends.  We worked through them because that’s what friends do.  We are still friends and that’s not going to change either.

I’m excited about my new project, and a little sad to see this one go, but as Jeff said in his post, it’s time.  I want to thank the readers and my fellow contributors through the past couple of years.  Many of them are now gone, but I thank each and every one for what they provided during their tenure.

Good bye, Fair well, auf wiedersehen, adieu.

View the full article

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic